Last Updated June 15, 2015
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Ruby Seven Studios, Inc. (“Ruby Seven Studios“), and the Service, as described in the Ruby Seven Studios Terms of Service.
The Information Ruby Seven Studios Collects: Ruby Seven Studios collects or has access to a variety of information from you in connection with your use of the Service, such as:
- User-Provided Information: You may provide to Ruby Seven Studios what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your email address, age, zip code, credit card number and billing information) when using the Service, such as when you register, and when you use the Apps or purchase virtual goods. If you use the Service with your mobile device, or sign up to receive alerts via text message, we may also have access to your device ID or phone number, and access to your contacts.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Ruby Seven Studios may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service.
The Way Ruby Seven Studios Uses Information: Ruby Seven Studios uses your information in a variety of ways in connection with the development, maintenance, and provision of the Service, such as:
- Ruby Seven Studios uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service. We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or any regarding content that you have posted to the Service. You may configure the nature and frequency of certain of these messages through the Service.
- Ruby Seven Studios uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Various aspects of the Service, such as content on the Ruby Seven Studios Site and in the Apps, and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Service, may include relevant advertisements which may be selected based in part on your demographic information, interests, preferences, and usage patterns within the Service.
- Ruby Seven Studios may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Ruby Seven Studios and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, Apps accessed, etc.; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- Ruby Seven Studios may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional email related to the Service we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications through links provided in the messages, sending an email to email@example.com requesting to opt-out. Our applications may also deliver notifications to your phone. You can disable these notifications in your phone’s settings or by deleting the relevant application.
When Ruby Seven Studios Discloses Information: We are not in the business of selling your information! We do, however, disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances, such as:
- The Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways, such as automatic postings to your social sites, and user to user messaging. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in a message to another user, or in a publicly accessible area on the Service, such as a public profile page, or through posting User Content, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make your personally identifiable information available in this way, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- Ruby Seven Studios makes certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to interested third parties, including premium subscribers, to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- Ruby Seven Studios works with third party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to Ruby Seven Studios, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- Ruby Seven Studios may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- Ruby Seven Studios also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Ruby Seven Studios and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Ruby Seven Studios, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with Ruby Seven Studios, in which case Ruby Seven Studios may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Service. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.Third Party Services:
The Service contains links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.Third-Party Data Collection and Use of End-User Information:
The Service is intended for use by those 21 or older for entertainment purposes only. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Ruby Seven Studios does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access THE SERVICE at any time or in any manner. If Ruby Seven Studios learns that personally identifiable information of children under the age of 13 has been collected on the Service without verifiable parental consent, then Ruby Seven Studios will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert Ruby Seven Studios at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that Ruby Seven Studios delete that child’s personal information from its systems.Our Commitment to Data Security:
Ruby Seven Studios employs certain physical, managerial, and technical measures designed to improve the integrity and security of the Service and the personal information you transmit to us and that we store on our systems. No such measure is foolproof, or immune to being cracked or compromised, whether by intentional hacking or human error. As such, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Ruby Seven Studios or that Ruby Seven Studios stores, and you do so at your own risk. Ruby Seven Studios cannot and does not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by or in connection with a breach or failure of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Ruby Seven Studios learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Ruby Seven Studios may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.International Visitors:
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer.In the Event of Merger or Sale: